Coconut Grilled Chicken
This is not your usual grilled chicken recipe! Our Coconut Grilled Chicken Recipe is bound to leave you full and satisfied after the last bite. Your olfactory senses will be delighted by the wonderful aroma of the aromatics and the rich coconut sauce that the protein is simmered in. We’re absolutely sure that it is worth the effort to prepare this mouth watering meal! Try it and let us know how you found it.
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅✅
Chicken thigh with drumstick
1tbs Cooking Oil
200 ml coconut milk
½ tbs tamarind paste
1 Red Chilli finely sliced
Just Crunchy Lettuce
25g long red Chilli
25g peeled Garlic cloves
10g Lemongrass stalk
- Make the spice paste by putting the Chilli, Shallots, Garlic and Lemongrass stalk into the food processor until a smooth paste is achieved.
- Heat the cooking Oil on high heat and cook the spice paste until it is fragrant and dry.
- Add the Chicken and ensure that it is fully coated with the spice paste.
- Add Coconut Milk and Tamarind Paste and cook the chicken for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reduced, add Sugar, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and put it on the grill for 10 minutes or until a nice char is achieved. Continue cooking the sauce until it has reduced even further.
- To serve, top the chicken on a plate of rice alongside the sauce and a drizzle of Kecap Manis. Garnish with Fried Shallots and finely sliced chilli before serving. Enjoy!