Nasi goreng is hands down one of our local favourites. What’s even better is that this recipe is created by one of the Masterchef contestants from Season 2, Chef Nor (@noeimod). It is a dish that truly reminds her of our sunny island. Do give this recipe a go!
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅✅
50g Just Sorrel, chopped
50g Just SaladCrunchy Classics, chopped
3 cups of overnight leftover Brown Rice
2 slices of Turkey Bacon, diced
2 tbsp dried Geragau/Hae Bee
9 dried Chillies placed in hot water to soften
5 Shallots, peeled
3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 tsp Shrimp Paste/Belachan
50 ml Water
5 tbsp Oil
1½ tbsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Soak the dried Geragau in warm water for about 10 minutes
- In a food processor, add the dried Geragau, Belachan, Chillies, Shallots, Garlic and Water and blend till smooth. Afterwards, set aside.
- Preheat a wok with 1 tbsp of Oil, crack Egg and whisk to make it scrambled. Remove from wok and transfer Egg into a bowl.
- Fry the Turkey Bacon until slightly crispy and transfer into a bowl
- Add the remaining Oil and saute the Sambal Paste until the oil splits (pecah minyak).
- Add Rice, Soy Sauce and mix until combined, taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Finally, add the chopped Just Salad Crunchy Classics, Just Sorrel and Just Mustard, lightly mix with Rice and serve!