Kota Singa Nasi Goreng
Nasi goreng is hands down one of our local favourites. What’s even better is that this recipe is created by one of the Masterchef contestants from Season 2, Chef Nor (@noeimod). It is a dish that truly reminds her of our sunny island. Do give this recipe a go!
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅✅
50g Just Sorrel, chopped
50g Just SaladCrunchy Classics, chopped
3 cups of overnight leftover Brown Rice
2 slices of Turkey Bacon, diced
2 tbsp dried Geragau/Hae Bee
9 dried Chillies placed in hot water to soften
5 Shallots, peeled
3 cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 tsp Shrimp Paste/Belachan
50 ml Water
5 tbsp Oil
1½ tbsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Soak the dried Geragau in warm water for about 10 minutes
- In a food processor, add the dried Geragau, Belachan, Chillies, Shallots, Garlic and Water and blend till smooth. Afterwards, set aside.
- Preheat a wok with 1 tbsp of Oil, crack Egg and whisk to make it scrambled. Remove from wok and transfer Egg into a bowl.
- Fry the Turkey Bacon until slightly crispy and transfer into a bowl
- Add the remaining Oil and saute the Sambal Paste until the oil splits (pecah minyak).
- Add Rice, Soy Sauce and mix until combined, taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Finally, add the chopped Just Salad Crunchy Classics, Just Sorrel and Just Mustard, lightly mix with Rice and serve!