Tandoori Chicken with Mint Sorrel Dip
This is not your typical Tandoori Chicken, expect to find yourself amazed by this recipe created by our very own Masterchef Season 2 Top 6 finalist, @jai_ganesh. The recipe showcases Chef Jai’s unique flair in striking a fine balance between the different flavour profiles of each ingredient. Do try your hand at this to enjoy this wonderful creation!
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅✅
40g Red Kashmiri Chilli Powder
15g Cumin Powder
15g Turmeric Powder
15g Garam Masala
10g Smoked Paprika
25g Garlic Ginger Paste
20g Lemon Juice
Mint Sorrel Yoghurt Sauce
75g Just Sorrel
10g Green Chilli (De-seed)
5g Lemon Juice
5g Cumin Powder
- Place all Tandoori Chicken Ingredients in large mixing bowls and mix well. Ensure that marinade coats every part of the Chicken. Place chicken in the fridge and marinate overnight (at least 12 hrs).
- Preheat your oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place Chicken pieces on the tray and spray them with cooking oil. Don’t throw away the excess marinade as you’re going to use that to coat the chicken again and again while it’s in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, remove from the oven, coat the Chicken with the marinade, then bake for another 10 mins. Repeat this process once more and the Chicken should be ready. In all, the Chicken needs to spend 35 to 40 mins in the oven.
- Mix all Mint Sorrel Yoghurt Sauce ingredients into a blender to make the sauce.
- To serve, garnish the Chicken pieces with fresh Coriander and a slice of Lime/Lemon. Serve alongside the Mint Sorrel sauce!