Greek Chicken Gyros
Touted as one of the must-try street foods in Greece, Gyros are rich in flavours and aromas. Your kitchen will be filled with the aroma of the various spices that go into the marinade once you begin preparing! A quick tip though, the longer you let your meat marinate, the deeper the flavours get. It is truly a fuss free meal, you may get hooked on this.
Noob cook difficulty level: 0
250g Chicken Thighs
Just Mesclun: Crunchy Classics shredded
Red Onion slices
¼ cup plain Yoghurt
1 Garlic clove (minced)
½ tsp Cajun seasoning
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
½ tsp Salt
½ tbsp Lemon Juice
½ tbsp Olive Oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a big bowl and mix until well combined. Add Chicken Thighs to the marinade and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Skewer the marinated Chicken Thighs with 2 Satay Sticks and slide the chicken down towards the end of the skewer, leaving 5cm. Repeat until all the Chicken Thighs are skewered.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat and brush with a generous amount of Olive Oil. Place the kebabs on the grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- Once the kebabs are cooked through, set aside to cool for 10 minutes and heat up the flatbread/pita bread on the grill until it is warm and pliable.
- Spread the Wrap with a generous dollop of yoghurt before topping it off with shredded Crunchy Classics, Tomato slices, sliced Red Onions, chilli sauce and more yoghurt.
- Wrap it up and it is ready to be served. Enjoy!