SG Seafood White Beehoon
This White Beehoon Dish is not quite Singapore’s national dish, but it definitely holds a fond space in our hearts! Thin white rice vermicelli noodle simmered in flavourful stock and seafood…what is there not to love about this iconic dish? Be sure to check out our version of White Bee Hoon using our Singapore Mix for a nostalgic bowl of goodness.
Noob cook difficulty level: ✅✅
5 cloves of Garlic
1L Chicken Stock (use 0.5L ready made chicken stock and add 0.5L water)
10 Prawns (keep shell and head intact)
1 Squid - cut
16 pieces of Clams
1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
A generous dash of White Pepper
1.5 teaspoons of Salt
0.5 teaspoon of Sugar
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- To make the seafood stock, add clams to the pot with broth. Cook until they just start to open, then reduce heat to medium-low and add squid and all prawns, making sure they’re submerged in the liquid. Simmer until cockles are opened and prawns and squid are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- In a heated wok, pour in the sesame oil, then add in cooking oil. Fry half of the garlic, and pork, then put in bee hoon noodles. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add oil to the same wok, and fry the rest of the garlic until fragrant. Then, add in stock. Add soy sauce. Cover and let it come to a boil.
- Once it’s boiled, pour in the beehoon and beaten egg. Add in the rest of the seafood and vegetables. Cover and boil for 5 mins.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Serve and enjoy!